Outdoor Sports Courts
Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA ®) or Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate is used in outdoor sports surfaces like Tennis, Squash, Basketball, Rugby, Badminton, Football, Cricket and Golf Courses.
This section explains the application of EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) in outdoor sports surface construction and the cushion effects EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) can have on these sports surface. These surfaces includes Tennis courts, Squash courts, Basketball courts, rugby pitchec and other sports courts both in indoor and outdoors. The range of applications and gradation are widespread, it ranges from turf topdressing, to court construction for clay courts and soil amendment for sport fields.
Environmental compatibility, high permeability and total drainage capacity, makes expanded clay the optimum aggregate to realize perfect draining layers over concrete structures, sky garden and sport fields. The thickness of expanded clay protects the structure and the rain proof materials from severe thermal range, recreates an optimum habitat for green vegetation and offers a long reserve of water and air for plants and grass. Different layers of expanded clay, geotextile and natural soil may realize a good and durable cover green system
Benefits of Using Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA ®) in construction of outdoor sports surfaces are:
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) is not expensive unlike every other conventional methods
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) is easy to apply
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) makes the foundation porous and blocks root growth when constructing a clay court
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) is not susceptible to freeze damage and this makes it ideal for foundation.
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) can as well serve as a good drainage layer when applied to the foundation layer.
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) is a good thermal insulator which prevents structural cracks that may result from thermal expansion or contraction.
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) increases the physical and chemical activities of the root-zone (top soil).
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) provides high surface area for exchanging and holding of plant nutrients.
- EXPANDED CLAY AGGREGATE (ECA ®) also contributes to aggregation of soil particles into aggregates or structural units.
Layers In Construction Of A Clay Courts
- Regulating base
- Wearing surface
Construction Process in a Clay Court
- In constructing a clay court, the first stage is the removal of the topsoil, and this is done to get rid of the organic matter because it ROTS, which makes it unstable.
- Second stage is compacting and leveling of the ground, to give a flat surface area to build.
- After the surface has been compacted, the depth of the foundation layer depends on the type of soil formation and the local climatic conditions for example, depth of frost penetration
100 % Inert
Light in Weight
Reduction of 40-50% Load
High Compressive Strength
Cylinder Compressive Strength 0.6 to 3.0 N/mm2
Micro Porous Structure
Aids Better Aeration
Non-Toxic & Eco- Friendly
Green Material, 100% Eco-Friendly and Sustainable
Good Water Drainage
Excellent Drainage Property
Excellent Thermal Insulation
Thermal Conductivity 0.097 to 0.10 W/mK
Excellent Sound Insulation
Excellent Acoustic Insulation Property
Prevents Dengue and Malaria
Low-Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
Excellent Fire Resistance
1 to 6 hrs - 9 to 19 cm LAC 1100 kg/m³
Excellent Filtration Media
Unique structure suited to filter water
Get a no obligation quote!