Eco Friendly Solution
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) provides a new, cost effective and consistent ways in addressing environmental concerns such as waste waters, sewage, storm water and industrial effluents. These serve as a threat to our ecosystem as well as our clean water.
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) is an environmentally friendly product that is design to correct the above mentioned environmental crisis.
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) provides low-maintenance product that meet government regulations; where there is no chemical use, specialized equipment are used and no major facility upgrade is required.
- As a replacement for sand, Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) is a newly developed technology that serves as a filter medium in the treatment or pretreatment of surface waters, lakes and all other water bodies.
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) is an exceptional filtering material for suspended solids, metalloids, oil and other poisonous hydrocarbons (Pyrene, Flouranthene, and Phenanthrene).
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) is considered as one of the best filtering material because of its durability, alongside with its porous structure and its increased surface area.
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) has a long-term capacity to absorb pollutants and maintain hydraulic conductivity due to its durability and increased surface tension. And these bring about a sustainable and effective water treatment.
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) can also be used as a bio-filter in treatment of swimming pools rather than using energy-consuming and expensive chemical water filter.
- Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) is 100% inert, natural, durable and rot-free, providing an ideal biological filtration for ponds, pools or waste waters. Also, numerous studies have shown that, it is highly unnecessary to treat waste waters with chemicals, that it is advisable to use bio-filtration method which requires less energy.
- Agricultural waste waters such as olive mill waste water, swine waste water (contaminated with oxytetracycline), and water contaminated with herbicides (2-MethylChloroPhenoxyAcetic acid). These wastewaters can be treated using Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) as the bed substrate and planted with Phragmites australi.
- Swine wastewater and Olive mill waste water contains total suspended solids and high organic content, these pollutants can be removed by this process (planted Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) bed) with an efficiency higher than 80%.
- Concerning water contaminated with Herbicide (2-MethylChloroPhenoxyAcetic Acid), study has showed that Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) has high absorption ability for the herbicide (2-MethylChloroPhenoxyAcetic Acid), so the removal efficiency is about 56-97%.
- Therefore Expanded Clay Aggregate (ECA) is considered as the best substrate for agricultural waste water treatment.
We'd Love to Hear from You!
Get a no obligation quote!
Get a no obligation quote!